I had a very jammed pack day yesterday. In the morning, I prepared. In the early afternoon, I graduated. In the evening I attended the Emily Carr University Degree Exhibition of 2012. Afterwards I had a family dinner (yummy).
I feel like I pretty much floated through everything.
Then I checked tumblr before going to bed; and my dash had exploded, my follower count did not look like what it was when I checked it that morning, and I had a lot more messages than I remembered. It was a kind of weird moment. I had no idea what happened until I read some messages. Turns out I made radar. Kind of had a ‘YAY’ moment and then hurried to get a screenshot.
After reading a few messages and some more, I realized that there might have been a small misunderstanding for some of you. I’d like to clarify. That piece in my latest photoset is NOT a mural, it is a digital print of a very large file (I hit the 2GB save limit in Photoshop a few times. Yes, there is a save limit. I was pretty shocked myself. I know how to get around that but I was a bit lazy.). I did the lines by hand (no cut and paste) and then scanned it in to color on photoshop; because with this piece, it was kind of hard to figure out how I wanted to color it. In the picture of my last post, I was just painting a little bit to the walls during the installation. Cause my piece kind of looked plain and lonely on its own (I didn’t get to start/finish the second piece on time) in a room full of awesomeness. So, yea, pretty much it.
Some other things while I’m at it:
- The digital print looks smaller in real life.
- I painted with watercolors on the wall, it’s easy to erase, though some color still remain behind; very faintly though.
- I painted on school walls, not my own.
- For that piece I took around 8 months because I kept on changing how I was going to do it (Traditional to half traditional and half digital and then full on digital and some traditional). And I spent around 2-3 months for the digital version (I still had other classes to hand in assignments too).
- I think I might title it with ver. 1.0 at the end, cause I still have things I want to add to it.
- Yes, I am planning on opening an online shop later this summer!
- Yes, I am Vietnamese.
Will upload more photos later this week!
For now, thanks for liking my art/blog enough to follow me :’D